Ottawa, ON, January 17, 2022 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales remained historically high in December 2021, as the end-of-month supply of properties for sale hit an all-time low.
- National home sales inched up 0.2% on a month-over-month basis in December.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) monthly activity came in 9.9% below the record posted in December 2020.
- The number of newly listed properties fell 3.2% from November to December.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (MLS® HPI) rose 2.5% month-over-month and was up a record 26.6% year-over-year.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 17.7% year-over-year gain in December.